Sunday, September 6, 2009

An afternoon with Mike Barr

The invitation said:
"Ever wanted to see a painting develop from start to finish? Well, now you can watch 5 paintings do just that on Sunday, September 6th at 2pm. In the space of about 2 hours I will put together 5 little beachscapes from start to finish. Each painting will be signed and available for purchase on the day for $225 and, they will be ready to hang. So, why not drop around to Red Opus - sit and watch some paint dry with a coffee and a piece of cake and pick up somethng special for Fathers Day."
I went, and had the time of my life. Nothing like watching an artist work, apart from watching yourself work (same thing, I guess, just different artist).
I did get my Fathers Day present, and so much more.
Thanks, Mike
Mike has his own room in the newly open Red Opus gallery.
The room features Mike Barr's best work and new paintings will be hung as they are completed. Red Opus is open Wed to Sat from 10am - 4pm - Sunday from 1-4pm. 119 Payneham Road, St Peters. SA 5112
And while you're there, take a look at Bromley's work. It is most likely the largest collection of his works on display.