Saturday, September 12, 2009

Art schools in Adelaide

A question I've asked about art classes in Adelaide a year ago on artforum has been still unanswered. Again, something that points to the fact that Adelaide may, in fact, be the backwater of Australia.
In saying that, I must confess that I have been to quite a few art classes in Adelaide, and so far the Life Drawing classes at the Thebarton Senior College have been the ones that have taught me quite a lot.
The courses at TAFE are sadly trying to teach students to loosen up, you see a lot of action painting and drawing being encouraged there.
For me, who started throwing housepaint on canvas this is not what I was looking for.
If anyone out there has suggestions about some art classes where one can learn how to paint and draw, I would very much appreciate it.
In the mean time I will continue with the life drawing classes at the Thebarton Senior College.